Home Quarantine Guidance for Close Contacts to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Cases
What Do You Do If You Are Sick with Coronavirus Disease?
COVID-19 and YOU
COVID-19 Social Distancing
A new chapter in the history of the Greene County Health Department begins with the launch of our new website. We hope you like our new home on the web, and will return here often to find the information you need to keep you and your family safe and well. As you explore our new site you will find information on some new services we’re providing – such as restaurant inspection reports.
Our History & Mission
The Greene County Board appointed the first Greene County Board of Health on June 27, 1966. In 1969, the Greene County Health Department was started on the cusp of the rubella vaccination program. Rubella was a common and widespread infection in the United States. During the last major rubella epidemic 1964-1965, an estimated 12.5 million people got rubella, 11,000 pregnant women lost their babies, 2,100 newborns died, and 20,000 babies were born with congenital rubella syndrome (CRS). Rubella was eliminated from the United States in 2004. Once the vaccine became widely used the number of people infected with rubella in the United States dropped dramatically. Greene County health department has been serving prevention and immunizations since 1966.
The purpose of the Greene County Health Department is to provide the citizens of the County with a healthful environment conducive to physical, mental and emotional health and well being, and the information and the health promotion necessary so that citizens are motivated to insure their own and their families’ health. The Department shall carry out its mission through the:
- Provision of Home Health Care Services
- Provision of Personal health Services
- Promotions of Positive Attitudes About Health and Health Care Services
- Development, Promotion and Implementation of Effective Environmental
- Health Programs
- Improvement of Chronic Disease and Disabilities Including Mental Illness, Developmental Disabilities and Substance Abuse
- Coordination and Planning with Other Governmental and Private Entities for a Comprehensive System of Community Health Services