The below are current employment opportunities at Greene County Health Department.
GREENE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT POSITION DESCRIPTION
TITLE: MEDICAL RECORDS CLERK, PART-TIME POSITION
DEFINITION: Performs specialized work in preparing and maintaining Home Care records in accordance with established department policies and programs.
SUPERVISION: Works under the supervision of the Fiscal Manager. Medical Records Coordinator assists in assigning daily job duties.
- Prepares and coordinates processing of Home Health correspondence, records, and reports following established policies and procedures.
- Sorts and files various materials, maintaining cross-reference files for Home Care records.
- May assist with Home Care supply inventory and cost records.
- Assists Home Health Services and Medical Records Coordinator with varied aspects of Home Health Service administration such as following up with physician’s orders, verifying documentation in patient charts, ensuring copies are made, physician labels printed, scanning documents, etc.
- Assists in maintaining patient charts and signed physician requests.
- Maintains confidentiality and HIPPA compliance.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports from such records.
- Detailed knowledge of Home Health policies and programs as they relate to Medical Records.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently following established policies and procedures.
- Ability to focus on detail and ensure records are in proper placement.
- Possesses ability to problem solve and seek administrative direction when appropriate.
- Has good verbal and written communication skills.
- Has ability to operate computer.
- Graduation from high school with two years of medical records experience.
- Medical terminology training or two years experience in related field.
- Ability to carry out directions with attention to detail.
- Experience in computer operation.
Please complete application or submit resume by April 2, 2021 to [email protected]
Molly Peters, Public Health Administrator Greene County Health Department 310 5th St,
Carrollton, IL 62016
An equal opportunity employer