Frequently Asked Questions
Read health inspection reports for Greene County restaurants?

You can find the health inspection reports for Greene County restaurants here.

Why has a boil order been called? Is it safe to drink the water?

A boil order is called when the water coming from your tap is not safe for consumption. This includes drinking, brushing your teeth, cooking, and washing your fruits and vegetables. You should use bottled water until the boil order is lifted. You can find more information about boil orders here.

Get help with getting my well drinking water tested (Private water supply)?

You can contact the Greene County Health Department Environmental Health Staff for assistance with private water supply testing procedures and charges at (217) 942-6961, option #3. You can also visit our page for more information.

Get my home tested for radon?

Current guidance indicates that you should test your home every 2 years.  You can order a test here.

Get more information on getting my food certification?

New regulations from the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) require that Certificate candidates MUST attend an approved 8-hour Food Protection Manager Course. You can get more information on the food protection manager certification courses, including fees, here.

Report an environmental health concern (Food Service, Septic System, Illegal Dumping, Etc)
If you suspect or need to report a public health incident you can reach the Greene County Health Department by calling 800-404-1942 and a staff member will contact you as soon as possible.
Get help arranging for home health services?
You can arrange for home health services by asking your doctor to call the Greene County Health Department directly. Our nursing staff will assist in making the necessary arrangements. Our team can also schedule a home visit to help evaluate your needs!
What services do you provide?

The Greene County Health Department’s Home Health team has many different options available to assist with your needs. We offer skilled home health services including home health aides, in-home respite services, as well as access assistance programs. You can find more information on our Home Health Services here or give us a call to speak with our Home Health Staff at (217) 942-6961, option #4.

General Information FAQ

Get more information on an upcoming event or get an event listed on the events calendar?

You can check our event calendar here.

For more information or for assistance with our events calandar, please give us a call at (217) 942-6961 Ext. 124

Find your office location?

Following the guidance of IDPH for limiting exposure, the Greene County Health Department will temporarily be providing all services by appointment only. Please note that only the individual with an appointment will be permitted to enter our facility. For children we ask that only one parent or guardian accompany the child for the appointment.

Our office is located at:
310 5th St
Carrollton, IL 62016
Contact the Greene County Health Department
The Greene County Health Department is located at:
310 5th St
Carrollton, IL 62016
Phone: (217) 942-6961
Fax: (217) 942-3904
Home Health Fax: (217) 942-6921

You can also contact our staff via email by clicking here.