Cost of the Seasonal Flu Vaccine is $37.00; High Dose flu Shot $77.00; Pneumovax 23 Vaccine $147.00; our office will bill for State Employees, Medicare, and Medicare Managed Care.
At this time Flu and Pneumonia shots are being given by appointment only please call (217) 942-6961 to schedule your appointment.
High Priority groups at risk for influenza are as follows:
- Children younger than 5, but especially children younger than 2 years old
- Anyone age 65 and older
- Pregnant women
- Also, American Indians and Alaskan Natives
People who have medical conditions including:
- Neurological and neuro-developmental conditions [including disorders of the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerve, and muscle such as cerebral palsy, epilepsy seizure disorders, stroke, intellectual disability (mental retardation), moderate to severe developmental delay, muscular dystrophy, or spinal cord injury]
- Chronic lung disease (such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease [COPD] and cystic fibrosis)
- Heart Disease (such as congenital heart disease, congestive heart failure and coronary artery disease)
- Blood disorders (such as sickle cell disease)
- Endocrine disorders (such as diabetes mellitus)
- Kidney disorders
- Liver disorders
- Metabolic disorders (such as inherited metabolic disorders and mitochondrial disorders)
- Weakened immune system due to disease or medication (such as people with HIV or AIDS or cancer, or those on chronic steroids)
- People younger than 19 years of age who are receiving long-term aspirin therapy
- People who are morbidly obese (Body Mass Index or BMI, or 40 or greater).